Medion MD8830 PC (ALDI)

WallyD 19:09 22 Feb 2008

New PC running VISTA
Ihaven't connected any external devices yet except mouse and keyboard. I'm slowly trying to get used to Vista. However in the taskbar is the icon to remove hardware safely and clicking on this it shows WDC 50 OOAACS-OOZUB SCsiDSA drive
NO way am I going to select this so I contacted Medion. Indian call centre. Asked my question and I presume the operator then asked someone for advice as she put me through to the music tape.
The answer. You want believe this.
" Its nothing to worry about "
Has anyone an answer for me
Thank you

MCE2K5 19:16 22 Feb 2008
  WallyD 19:21 22 Feb 2008

Yep ! I've been here before BUT when I start connecting my external drive etc and I accidently click the wrong one then just what have I disconnected ( MY hard drive ) ????

MCE2K5 19:27 22 Feb 2008

"and I accidently click the wrong one then just what have I disconnected ( MY hard drive ) ????": Yes

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:27 22 Feb 2008

Yes its your hard drive

but I doubt Vista will let you disconnect the drive it is running on, XP certainly won't.

MCE2K5 19:35 22 Feb 2008

I guess, from information given this click here is it.

sinbads 19:43 22 Feb 2008

I doubt its your hard drive showing there doesn't the 8830 have a pre wired external easy fit external hard drive bay? is this what you are seeing? It also i think has an integrated card reader which should show up in your computer (by the way don't safely remove these as you will diable the readers function )

MCE2K5 19:45 22 Feb 2008

"when I start connecting my external drive etc and I accidently click the wrong one then just what have I disconnected ( MY hard drive ) ????":

Do as I do, If you need to disconect External Drive/s, Disconect when the PC is turned off,

WallyD 19:45 22 Feb 2008

Cheers ! Remember I'm a rookie
This machine has has a socket (s) ontop to fit Medions own external drive. The connections have covers on (dust covers they call them)
This hasn't been touched from new but I wondered if this had anything to do with it.
I will try sending an email to Medion but the form filling is gross
Thank you

sinbads 19:53 22 Feb 2008

If you think about it the bay on the top has pre wired connections power usb and is connected to the mother board via sata, think your comp is reconising this settup even though there is no external hard drive inserted

WallyD 19:58 22 Feb 2008

Well done folks and thank you again.

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?