Medion Laptop MD 982000

anniesboy68 15:42 06 Apr 2009

Is there anyone that has this laptop that can help me, please. Have just used a programme, [will not name it] and it has wiped the Drive D contents which includes the recovery system.

birdface 15:51 06 Apr 2009

Will a system restore put it back.Try in safe mode[just keep tapping f8 as the computer starts.]

anniesboy68 15:54 06 Apr 2009

System restore only works on the C drive I'm sure.

anniesboy68 16:08 06 Apr 2009

Yes just confirmed that AB68

birdface 16:13 06 Apr 2009

Yes but system restore should restore your computer to an earlier date using C Drive.
I hope I have that right.Whether it will restore D Drive I am not sure.Maybe I am getting mixed up better waiting for advice from someone that knows.

anniesboy68 16:19 06 Apr 2009

Have just done a system restore, no luck with drive D

anniesboy68 16:22 06 Apr 2009

Buteman.... thanks for your input. My C Drive is ok, I need the recovery files and drivers when I go back to factory default i.e as when it came.

birdface 16:36 06 Apr 2009

[ Have just used a program, [will not name it] and it has wiped the Drive D contents which includes the recovery system.]I don't suppose it is anything like Winaso Optimizer and does an automatic back up of what it removes.
Maybe if you name it someone can help.
There are programs that can recover deleted programs.Recuva from C Cleaner being one.
Maybe wait and see if someone can come up with a better one as that is the only one I can think of.Only because I have seen it when updating C Cleaner. There are probably far better ones about.

rickf 16:38 06 Apr 2009

Hi All
Don't quite know how to describe this problem so bear with me. When typing a sentence at a certain point the cursor would jump backwards w/o my knowing as I am not looking at the screen. I then realised on looking up that some of my sentences are all jumbled up. Sometimes it jumps when I use the space key and sometimes randomly. Can anyone shed some light here as it is driving me up the wall? Thanks

rickf 16:40 06 Apr 2009

Sorry meant to publish this in a different thread in Helproom. Now there.

T0SH 16:41 06 Apr 2009

Try one or more of the many freeware file recovery programs out there

it should be able to recover the data from your recovery partition as long as no other data has been written to it in the meantime, in other words do not enable Windows system restore on the recovery partition , if it can be recovered you would likely have to write the recovered files to an external drive , then copy them back to your recovery partition later

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?