Medion Laptop E1311 Trackpad driver

Esc4p3 16:21 22 Mar 2010

Hi,

My wife recently purchased the above laptop and there does not appear to be a way of adjusting the trackpad sensitivity. There is a 'Mouse' entry in control panel, but this does not appear to control the trackpad. On my work Laptop (Lenovo) there is a separate 'Thinkpad configuration' utility that covered such things as trackpad adjustment, but there does not seem to be a similar thing for the Medion.

Is there a driver I need to download from somewhere? I have checked the Medion site and have been unable to find what I need.

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Sea Urchin 17:18 22 Mar 2010

Download for Medion touchpad for XP 32bit

click here

or for Vista/Win7 (32 or 64bit)

click here

Esc4p3 08:49 23 Mar 2010

Wow, thanks Sea Urchin. I will point my wife to that download (XP). If I may ask how did you find the file? I looked on the support pages at medion.co.uk and searched for the model number and the only thing I found was the user manual. There is obviously a better place to search as you have proved.

Sea Urchin 10:19 23 Mar 2010

With great difficulty :@) - so difficult in fact that I can't now find the site again. Luckily I had taken note of the links to the driver downloads. There were one or two dodgy sites offering the driver which naturally I avoided.

Esc4p3 11:53 23 Mar 2010

I a bit concerned....

I can now replicate your result by putting pretty much any text in the medion driver seach page (in the serialnumber field) and it returns a list of available drivers, including the link you posted.

The serial number in the link includes P8610 which is another model of Medion laptop, see click here .

One thing I have not done, is actually put the serial number of my wife's laptop in that box. Perhaps I might try that later...

Sea Urchin 21:06 23 Mar 2010

I didn't find anything suitable on the Medion site, but those I did find claimed to be for the E1311. However, I think all you really need is a Synaptics touchpad driver for XP which is far less cumbersome, and fairly universal for laptops. This should add the extra features to those of the existing Windows generic driver

click here

Esc4p3 08:33 24 Mar 2010

Thanks again Sea Urchin. I did not realise that Trackpad drivers could be 'generic'. In that case I will get my wife to download one of your links and report back on success (hopefully!)

:)

Esc4p3 20:00 01 May 2010

Took a while to get my wife to sort out the download, but she installed the Medion driver and now all is well and the trackpad can be adjusted. Will tick resolved

Thanks Sea Urchin :-)

Sea Urchin 20:10 01 May 2010

Glad to hear it was successful - thanks for letting us know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?