Medion laptop

Daiol 08:42 27 Jul 2008

I sent an email to medion yesterday regarding wireless setup,has anyone got a medion same model.

Email sent ::Hi to all at Medion.A while back i purchased a Medion laptop from my local Woolworths store so that my wife could make use of it.Now the time has come along that we have decided to run this laptop via a wireless system from my desktop pc by the means of a belkin router,So we had it up and running fine but the only problem that we have is the wireless system has a usb pendrive connection method and now and again my good lady bumps the usb stick and of course looses her internet connection.
So what we want to know is it possible to fit an internal wireless stick into the laptop as there is no slot on the outside to place a card so an internal would be the solution.
Can you please help us out with this request if so then we can take it to our local computer store for an upgrade to a wireless internal card.
Thankyou awaiting your reply.
David.

Laptop Model ::Medion MIM2080 Notebook.
S/N:PNB 521010183
MD 95408

skidzy 08:55 27 Jul 2008
  kiaora 09:02 27 Jul 2008

Why not find a very short USB extension lead, I've got one of 6", plug your pendrive into that.
She can bump it as much as she likes then also it would be much cheaper than what you are proposing, if possible.

I've got one for a memory stick that is enclosed in a small leather pouch that makes it too big to sit next another USB device, the above works well.

Daiol 21:35 27 Jul 2008

Tried a short usb cable seems to be okay at the moment told her indoors to be carefull.Thanks all.daiol

woodchip 22:32 27 Jul 2008

You cannot or they cannot fit a internal wireless card etc. You could use a PCMCIA WiFi card click here

woodchip 22:33 27 Jul 2008

they stick out of the slot but not as much as the USB Dongle

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?