Medion Celeron 350 Notebook Broadband compatible?

CeceLarsson 15:05 16 Dec 2005

Hello! I purchased the above laptop recently as my last PC died on me and I needed internet access. Anyway, I have a wanadoo subscription for broadband and I had hoped that I could transfer my broadband to the new laptop. However, the instructions say to only use a dialogue line or the internal modem will be damaged. Does this mean that my broadband modem, which is an external modem connected to my analogue line, now cannot be used with the laptop and I shall need to go back to dial-up?
Any advice would be very much appreciated!

DieSse 16:34 16 Dec 2005

No - it doesn't mean that. It means don't plug a digital line (ISDN line) into an analogue modem.

Your external BB modem can be plugged into the USB port the same as normal - and the analogue modem can be plugged in too, via a filter, to sen faxes (if you wish).

Chris Webster 14:24 17 Dec 2005

If you have Internet accsess, or a friend does then you can download the drivers for you BB modem from here click here

I think I'm right in saying that Wanadoo supply the Speedtouch 330 modem.

Install the drivers BEFORE plugging the modem into the usb port. Downloading just the drivers saves having to run the instalation disc and installing all the associated branding etc that comes with it

Chers Chris.

CeceLarsson 15:10 17 Dec 2005

Many thanks for your help. Very much appreciated!

reen 15:19 16 Jan 2006

is this the same one on sale now at woolworths for£449 with built in wirless?if so I would appriciate your comments as I am thinking of buying one this week.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?