Medion BB modem connection to ISP

eVil Niloc 08:53 14 Jun 2005

For the last 2 weeks i've been battling to set up an internet connection on my daughter's old 500meg. pc. The set up includes Win XP,new nic networked to new Medion BB/dial-up modem, new a/c with Ukonline. I can dial into the modem which on the status screen shows that line is active and is connected, but Int/Explorer says any web pages selected cannot be displayed. A few days ago I was able to pick up emails via Outlook Express but this does not connect with server now either. Have tried various internet options, no anti virus or firewall as new install and firewall on modem turned off. Medion and Ukonline help desk hopeless. On verge of tearing hair out! Any advice appreciated. Colin

Gaz 25 17:35 17 Jun 2005

If you need further help, to stop you pulling your hair out... Contact me using the yellow envelope. I will do my best to try individual diagnostics.

I have a feeling this is to do with DNS and IP addressing. I'd like you to set the TCP/IP properties to DHCP / Attain automatically.

I have a guide on my website, which due to legal reasons I cannot post. Contact me for the url.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?