Medion at Aldi, Feb. 14

the hick 10:00 10 Feb 2008

Medion PC, sounds a lot for £399.99. Anyone any experience of this make? Are the components OK? Advice appreciated, am thinking of one as a second PC.

[email protected] 10:07 10 Feb 2008

Mine is a medion,six years old now but havent had a single problem.
Apart from recently adding a new tv card and more memory its still trucking away like the day i got it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:13 10 Feb 2008
  Halmer 10:19 10 Feb 2008

a couple of months back and it's been excellent. Can't fault it. 'Best' criticism that I can come up with is that it's a bit heavy but I assume that is because of the spec, webcam etc etc.

Halmer 10:20 10 Feb 2008

a laptop obviously!

DANZIG 10:20 10 Feb 2008

I've had a Medion PC for about 6 years as well. No problems at all with it.

I've obviously updated a few components on it over the years (graphics card, ethernet thing etc), but I've never had a problem.

Sainsbury's and Woolies flog this brand of PC as well for the sameish price.

Stuartli 11:26 10 Feb 2008

Tesco is also selling Medion desktops and laptops.

Medion doesn't actually make computers - it's a German distribution company and all its products are re-badged goods under its own or the Tevion brand names.

These are sold by arrangement through partners such as Aldi, Tesco, Woolworth etc. The same principle applies in Europe and the States.

Stuartli 11:31 10 Feb 2008

See:

click here

re a Tesco Medion PC.

Mad Mick 12:11 10 Feb 2008

I have two friends who swear by them. ust remember it is a base station only.

peter99co 13:05 10 Feb 2008

I am on my Second Pc From 1998 The first is still in use but not on internet as it was ME so not supported. The latest has a TFT monitor&included a free printer. A Medion Tower is a lot less of course as a cheap ready built upgrade.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017