Medion 8080 recovery files

Moseslawn 15:54 13 May 2007

I do not have the original partitions and recovery files on my Medion 8080's HD so the recovery disk will not work. I can use a program such as Partition Magic to reinstate the partitions I suppose, but I need the recovery files as well as a reminder of the partition sizes.Could anyone please help? Many thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:55 13 May 2007

HAve a look on the forums at click here

woodchip 17:13 13 May 2007

No body can give you there's as they will differ. The OS key will not be the same. The one that is loaded with the Recovery disc is different to the one on the Computer back cover. If you get someone to loan a XP home CD you could copy it then use your key to run setup

Dipso 17:22 13 May 2007

You will find the info you need on the Medion forum. Someone worked out how to do it click here as the post says you have to set the partitions back "exactly" as they came from the factory or this will not work.

If however you have the Recovery CD this is a full Windows XP disc and you could use that along with the key on your PC to reload Windows.

I have an 8080.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:24 13 May 2007

If you use a copy of someone else's backup files, you will get all the original installed programs aswell then all you have to do is change the windows key to your own using click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:25 13 May 2007

If you use a copy of someone else's backup files, you will get all the original installed programs aswell then all you have to do is change the windows key to your own using click here

Moseslawn 17:46 13 May 2007

Really helpful. I will try the various suggestions. I had no idea there was a Medion Forum. Many thanks to all.

BRYNIT 18:02 13 May 2007

I found it easier to use the Product Recovery CD-ROM. This Has a copy of Windows XP Home Edition. You can use this to do a clean install of Windows XP. You will find all the drivers and programs required for the computer to work on the application & support CD. Once you've installed windows and the programs you use create a backup using Acrinis TI.

woodchip 18:19 13 May 2007

I have Full OEM XP cd and a Recovery CD that works in conjunction with Images on the Recovery partition E:\ this Medion did not come from Aldi

woodchip 18:20 13 May 2007

both my medions are not 8080

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone