Mediaman wizard problems

chrisjmat 16:59 28 Sep 2009

Hi,
Thxs to advise here I am using mediaman to catologue my music. Noe when I use the wizard no entries come up on any of the amazon sites. I have just updated download version 2.1 but still the problem exists. The only different thing I have done is install Macafee since the initial download but I have looked and it doesn't appear to be blocking access. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Technotiger 17:27 28 Sep 2009

I would still suspect Macafee - un-install Macafee and then see if Mediaman works as before.

You can always re-install Macafee again.

cocteau48 17:34 28 Sep 2009

Thanks for the tip - just tried to use the wizard (I have not used Mediaman for a long time) and would agree on the lack of results for Amazon.

Checked out their forum and found this click here

Shame - used to be a useful program!

cocteau48 17:43 28 Sep 2009

....and I very much suspect that the "update is free for all users" statement quoted in the above link will apply only to those currently running a "paid for" version.

I have tried updating in the past and have ended up with the 30 day trial version.

chrisjmat 19:28 28 Sep 2009

Why do they do this mess with a great programme ! Tried the latest trial version didn't recognise my previous collection and horrible to use !! Has any one an alternative that I can use to catalouge my music collection easily or will I have to do it by hand ?

What a great shame but thxs for all your help guys!

cocteau48 19:44 28 Sep 2009

This looks kinda similar click here;lst
but I have not tried it myself and do not know how much info you can automatically extract online the way mediaman does with Amazon.

You could let us know if it is any good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?