Media Test Failure

Retiredidiot 09:31 09 Mar 2008

I have just installed a new 500Gb system drive which is partioned. All works ok but on boot up a message comes up very quickly and disappears just as quickly, it says "PXE-E61 Media Test Failure Check Cable" I take it that when it says media it is referring to a hard drive? I have replaced the cable (It's a serial drive) but it's still the same, any ideas?

johndrew 09:55 09 Mar 2008

Sounds a bit like a test that is running but a bit too quickly for the item to run up properly.

If the message just `flashes` the test is probably not quite detecting the item in time to prevent it.

I`m not sure if you can do anything in the BIOS to clear the message, but I shouldn`t worry about it if the PC is running fine otherwise.

Acx 10:06 09 Mar 2008

click here
Seems to be the computer is trying to find something in the boot order that it cant find (not necessarily the hard drive).

You could try the boot order in the bios but as johndrew says 'I shouldn't worry about it if the PC is running fine otherwise'.

Retiredidiot 11:28 09 Mar 2008

Problem fixed, I looked at the boot order, as you suggested Acx, and noticed that the third device was the NVidia, I disabled it and all ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?