Media Streamer Problem (D-Link DSM-320)

Antz 22:15 27 Jan 2007

I have been using a D-Link media streamer successfully( on my home 'wired' network) for about a year but I have recently run into problems.

Initial setup for this device was very simple, plug and play as they say. However, after a recent re-installation of windows xp on my main P.C(incl. all updates) I cannot get any of my computers on the network to see the device or the device to detect any Server. I have tried all the traditional things such as re-starts, unplugging, and switching off firewalls to no avail.

My I.P settings are set to static which has always worked for me and my hub signals that it has a connection with the device.Additionally the LAN search light on the device is one which signals it has made a connection. I have had problems with the unit failing to detect a software server before but this is different because the the unit itself cannot be detected..........Please help as I miss my MP3 collection in the living room ( with a beer).

kinger 19:54 30 Jan 2007

Are you using encryption? You need to make the initial connection unencrypted and, once found, re-enable encryption.

Type in your password or whatever method you used, to be able to establish a working connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?