Media players stop after a few seconds

Field Division 11:13 20 Dec 2007

Hi, I am on Windows 2000 pro and whenever I goto sites such as youtube or any site that has videos, the player seems to stop/pause after a few seconds, I have had this problem over the last couple on months so I uninstalled adobe player and seemed to resolve the issue but keeps coming back. internet explorer is 6

Jak_1 11:23 20 Dec 2007

As it's streaming video, flv, various things can influence the download speed enough to pause the video. Trying to view at peak times will slow things down amongst other things and the contention ratio during these hours.

Field Division 11:34 20 Dec 2007

Def not peak issue, all sites dont work, speed is via domain which is pretty fast

Jak_1 12:29 20 Dec 2007

As youtube and other similar sites have become hugely popular, the demand on the servers is going to be high and slow the download speed. It is peak time somewhere in the world at all times! Why not just download the file with a progra like Save2pc from
click here
Then you can view it at leisure.

Field Division 07:43 21 Dec 2007

Managed to download it from soft32.com as your link was a demo download, will see if this makes a difference, if not it must be my Java that causing the problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?