MEDIA PLAYER (or copying) Help please

Furkin 14:27 28 Feb 2008

Such a simple task,,, or so I thought,,,,

All I want to do is make a few compilation SD Cards &/or USB flash drives for playing in the car.

When I made a start on this the other day, MS Media Player urged me to update - so I did (v11).

I might be wrong but it seems that I have to ‘Rip’ the files from the CD into Media Player before I can put them onto USB/SD flash !

Does this mean that I can’t just drag’n’drop from E:\ (CD player) drive to I:\ drive (USB device) ?

I tried the d’n’d method yesterday, & it did put a file on the USB,,,,, But it wouldn’t play it ! I wasn’t sure whether I’d only d’n’d a shortcut/logo file.

As you will gather, I havn’t used Media Player before,,,, purely copied a full CD to a blank CD.

any advice appreciated.

thanks

peter99co 14:44 28 Feb 2008

I Rip And Then Sync

peter99co 14:51 28 Feb 2008

The other option is change destination of rip to the drive you have on usb. Change Rip Option to any drive you like. Open rip tab goto options and click change music to location. The first way keeps a copy on your machine. this keeps copy only on removed drive.

muddypaws 21:46 28 Feb 2008

Furkin.
Problem could be as Totally-braindead says re mp3s.
You appear to have WMP installed.
At the top of WMP window go to Tools/Options/ Rip Music.
You will see a drop down to select the format you wish to rip from the CD to WMP.
Make sure mp3 is selected.
To 'Rip' is to put the CD into WMP. To 'Burn' is to transfer WMP files to a blank CD.
Another tip with WMP is in Tools/ Options/Player.
I normally uncheck the 'Add media files to library when played'. Otherwise anything you play on the web may well go into WMP by default and it starts to build up.
Also in the same Options window, select 'Player'
and check the volume levelling box to avoid different volume levels between CDs.
From now I will follow your WMP thread.

Totally-braindead 00:03 29 Feb 2008

Furkin please don't have 2 posts going on the same subject it just confuses people and wastes their time as they might suggest what has already been said.
Heres the other thread folks click here

muddypaws 08:51 29 Feb 2008

Noted.

Furkin 09:24 29 Feb 2008

TBD & Others:

Sorry if I confused anyone.
My initial post was asking about programs to Rip/burn/copy things.

As I have moved on to Help with an actual problem, I thought that I’d separate it from the initial, purposely so as not to confuse matters.

If I have done the opposite I humbly apologise.

Furkin 09:57 29 Feb 2008

,,,, for the time being I refer you to TBD's link and will carry on there.

Totally-braindead 11:15 29 Feb 2008

And I've answered on your other thread so please tick this as resolved, you'll see the little box to tick down at the bottom. Just put a tick in it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?