Media Player - Media Players?

Will 12:29 02 Jul 2008

I have just got a new setup/upgrade, I got a reconditioned computer, XP/Pent 4, 3.8MHz, 1 gig Ram, 300 gig HD etc. The system came with XP installed and I have added the HD from my previous computer as a slave so I have all the data from that available. The old HD had XP upgraded from Win 98(I think, I don't think I bought a full copy). Any way there is a problem with Windows Media Player not workng. I tried to reinstall it from the MS, no good, I tried to repare it using my XP disk through "sfc /scannow" and that hasn't worked either, it is asking for .DLl files. Does anybody have any idea what I can do next. lso with all the differant media types out there does naybody have a top tip as to a program that plays them all(or as many as possible lol). Also my webcam as gone up the shute, coud this be related? (Logitek

Will 12:32 02 Jul 2008

Just as a note I am getting the sound from files I have been able to watch in the past but as sugested there are no images

pj123 13:05 02 Jul 2008

I use JetAudio to play all my Audio/Video files.

It is free and I have not found a file it cannot play yet.

click here

eedcam 13:16 02 Jul 2008

VLc plater its free and probably the most widely used
click here

Quiet Life 13:22 02 Jul 2008

Media Player Classic is also a good one and looks like the old media player
click here

Will 15:02 02 Jul 2008

Tanks a always the helproom comes up with the goods, Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?