media player help

FRANNY 18:21 09 Apr 2009

When i put a blank dvd into my drive in media player,media player recognises it right away the dvd symbol appears,when i put it into my other computer,once again in media player,it will not recognise it,its the same disk why is this happening.

rdave13 19:01 09 Apr 2009

When you say 'media player' do you mean 'my computer'? Not sure I understand the question.

FRANNY 20:33 09 Apr 2009

when i use media player to burn a disk,on one computer it works perfectly,but i can put the same empty disk in another computer,and it does not recognise it.

rdave13 21:21 09 Apr 2009

Try this, click on 'my computer'--right click the drive and select properties--auto play tab--make sure radio button for 'select an action to perform' is selected. Even if it is selected click on it again then click on the ' restore to defaults' tab, click apply and ok tabs. See if your media player recognises the blank DVD disc.

Stuartli 00:08 10 Apr 2009

On the system that won't recognise a disk, go to My Computer>highlight the appropriate drive>Properties>Recording tab and ensure that the Enable Recording On This Drive box is ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?