Media Player

foxy1974 08:26 22 Aug 2006

Hi, i am trying to burn some music to a cd but it's not happenins i create the list then click the burn icon and it says its ready to burn but then when it staarts to inspect the tracks it just stops it doesn't even get passed the first song. Any ideas gratefully received.

ArrGee 09:12 22 Aug 2006

(Assuming you are using Windows Media Player) Are you trying the same burn list each time? There may be an issue with the first track. Try replacing/removing the first track. If this still doesn't work, try re-installing media player. (If you are using Media Player 10, perhaps upgrading to the Beta 11 version maybe worth trying)

Diversion 19:51 22 Aug 2006

Have you got a burning program installed like Nero, when using Media Player to burn music you have to create a burn list. But this is no good if have not got any burning software installed. Because you don't mention which burning software if any you are using.

ArrGee 12:58 23 Aug 2006

You can burn directly from WMP, no Nero required.
click here

rodriguez 13:13 23 Aug 2006

WMP isn't my first choice for burning music CD's as it's more awkward. If you have Nero or other burning software (if your PC came with a disc writer when you bought it there should have been some bundled) then use that instead as it's a lot easier.

kdt 13:21 23 Aug 2006

think wmp uses roxio but nero is better burner

foxy1974 16:05 23 Aug 2006

I up-dated windows media player to beta 11 but still could not burn any cd's so i re-installed the nero suite cd that came with the cd drive and i can burn cd's through that but i still cant through windows media player it's telling me i need to up-date my service pack, i've done the up-date the whole of my pc but still no luck!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?