Media Player 10 configuration problem.

spuds 12:27 05 Jun 2005

I recently changed from Media Player version 9 to 10 and I had a number of problems since. Having sorted out that,by a complete re-install, I thought that I was finally up and running okay.

Over the past week, I have been unable to connect to outside sources,like playing sample music from the likes of 101cd click here, with error messages that the server cannot be found. A typical code is COOD1198.

Have I answered my own question, by suggesting a re-install or is there another solution!.

Joe R 12:43 05 Jun 2005

spuds,

don't know whether this will work or not, but it seems the concensus in a lot of the forums, that this pack, can stop the above error.
If not, I think your own suggestion of a re-install, may be the only other alternative.

click here

Stuartli 13:21 05 Jun 2005

In the Privacy tab from Tools>Options tick the first two boxes and leave the rest blank - this usually clears up problems connecting to some websites and also retrieving album titles and tracks information.

spuds 19:03 05 Jun 2005

Joe R--Downloaded the pack into my reserve section for further checking.

Stuartli-- Tried what you have suggested. Problem not solved.Still getting errors.

Thanks guys. Looks like a re-install again, and see what happens.

Joe R 19:13 05 Jun 2005

spuds,
have you tried going to tools-options-privacy-cookies, click on sites, and type in the url of the website, you are trying to access, and click on allow.?

spuds 18:21 06 Jun 2005

After doing a complete re-install,ticked a few boxes etc, nothing as changed.The annoying thing is last week everything was okay, now it is not, and I haven't made any changes to my system, by adding other items or software.

Contacted 101cd, to see if their system was giving problems,but I doubt that the connection problem was at their end,as some other site either connect or do not, awaiting 101cd's reply.

Joe R--Tried your suggestion, as part of checking my system, no luck I am afraid. With reference to your link, I am still trying to understand what that downloads is suppose to do. Can you explain further!.

Joe R 22:44 06 Jun 2005

spuds,

got the link from a forum, (which unfortunately didn't save).
Seemingly a few people can't get onto certain websites, because of faulty/corrupt codecs, which are required.

I don't have first hand experience, of this codec pack, but would imagine it should be easy enough to uninstall, should it not work.

I've been lucky so far, and have never had any large scale problems with WMP, and for a few years now , have installed the Kazaa lite codec pack.

ashdav 00:55 07 Jun 2005

I'll second that click here

spuds 15:17 08 Jun 2005

Still no joy.Tried all the above, and more :o(

This is very strange, I had a similar problem some while back, which seemed to have cleared itself. Never did find the problem, but it looks like it as returned.

I will give the box a tick, but if anyone wants to contribute farther, then please do so.

spuds 14:38 12 Jun 2005

Still no joy. Lost my video viewing now.Can still play cd's from originals, but not from outside sources.

Desperately seeking Heeelp.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires