Mechanical keyboards.

KRONOS the First 10:54 08 Jul 2012

Anyone have any experience of mechanical keyboards and if so which colour cherry MX switches do you prefer? Black Blue Red or brown?

I have been doing a bit of research, not sure whether to go for a backlit or not. I think my first one will be this.

Ebay. This seller has a very good rep so would be happy to buy. Later I might go for Backlit or none backlit. Both have excellent reviews.

When you consider the price of these things it might seem silly, but I spend a fair bit on the rest of my set up so why should the keyboard be left out? Plus you can pimp the keyboard: MX keycaps.

rdave13 11:13 08 Jul 2012

I have no idea about how good these mechanical keyboards are but I've just bought my first backlit keyboard and wish I'd have bought one long ago. I find it much easier to use but that's my eyesight I suppose.

KRONOS the First 11:33 08 Jul 2012

I have had backlit keyboards for quite sometime, great for added bling whilst gaming at night.

spuds 11:46 08 Jul 2012

I was contemplating buying a backlit keyboard the other day from Ebuyer, via a free delivery promotion.plus eyes not what they use to be. Thanks guys, you have made my decision easier, order on way.

[email protected] 18:50 08 Jul 2012

I bought this one with Cherry Brown switches a few months back and I'm generally pleased with it. I think with hindsight though I would have chose the Blue switches instead. There's a backlit version of it (among other improvements) with Blue switches on ebuyer too.

KRONOS the First 18:56 08 Jul 2012

Thanks *[email protected] * I think I am going to go for Filo. I have decided that I do not need a number pad all that remains is to decide whether it will be ANSI (US Layout) or ICO (UK layout) seemingly with ANSI it is easier to get compete key-cap sets.

[email protected] 20:29 08 Jul 2012

My big dislike about the US keyboard layout is that the Return key is much smaller than it is on our UK layout and hence I always seem to miss it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?