Meaningless Windows messages

highside 11:37 26 Jan 2010

Any advice please.
I have a program which does not shut down properly when the closure cross is linked.
This is on my Win 7 (32 bit)laptop, so I installed the program onto a XP laptop where it closes correctly. (program works on both machines just wont shutdown on one).

In Win 7 when I click the cross one of those stupid meaningless windows messages appears ie
"Cas\Studio has stopped working, a program caused the program to stop working correctly, windows will close the program & notify you if a solution is found"

Windows does not shut it down and of course never finds a solution, I have to manually click shutdown. Otherwise the message remains and the timer spins forever? (Tried reinstall - same result - contacted program maker - no issues with it and Win 7)

Thanks for looking.

jack 11:57 26 Jan 2010

Remove it from the system and registery- if you do not know about registery stuff- download and install CCleaner
click here
Then run it overall and in the programs tab.
Then retry

Ditto the above if on a CD

highside 12:15 26 Jan 2010

It would not remove from Windows Uninstall so I deleted all references from C drive then ran CC & Advanced System Care, restarted in safe mode then normal where at last I was able to remove the program name using windows Uninstall.
Reinstalled from scratch same result.
Unfortunately I must have that particular program, odd how it is OK on XP machine. Well it maybe OK on this one just wont shut down correctly.
The download is direct from manufacturers of the hardware it is used on and it is there software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017