MCSE advice please!!

alanwhit 18:22 19 Nov 2006

i recently got 'the bug' with computers as a hobby. with this i bought a distance learning course of MCSE, starting with the comptia a+ (which is bloody hard by the way!). i started it for fun but the sales guy sent me all the worldly promises of high earnings. can anyone put me straight on the (realistic) prospects one may have of breaking into the industry, and potential earnings from such a route (if any)??

Flak999 21:55 19 Nov 2006

Virtually zero I would have thought! Most employers in th I.T. sector will require experienced employees who have a proven track record within the field. I would imagine for every job advertised there will be numerous applicants whose CV will be bursting with previous hands on experience.

Don't be taken in by these "snake oil" salesmen. Enjoy your hobby for what it is but don't expect to make your fortune by completing a very expensive home study course. By the time you have finished it and "qualified" technology will have advanced to such an extent that your knowledge will be out of date!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?