Mcieplg.dll problem with Winpatrol

birdface 11:40 28 Jul 2008

I have to accept it or deny it.It is supposed to be for McAfee site advisor but I have googled it and cannot find anything about it.I have site advisor downloaded so not sure whether to accept or deny it.Anyone any idea.

birdface 13:11 28 Jul 2008

Decided just to allow it.No adverse response yet so will class this as resolved.

rawprawn 13:52 28 Jul 2008

Just checked there is no information on WinPatrol Plus either.

birdface 15:16 28 Jul 2008

I think I will run a few security programs just to find out if it was something harmful or not.Many thanks for getting back to me with that information.

rawprawn 15:22 28 Jul 2008

Strange I got an update for McAfee site advisor about 2 days ago and allowed it to install. I wasn't happy with it because of it's behaviour with regard to it's position on the toolbar.So I reverted back to the old version, and there has been no try at an auto update since.
I would keep an eye on it, although I found no malware, or other adverse affects.

rawprawn 15:38 28 Jul 2008

It was no version update, I already have
v 2.6.0.6261, so I am not sure what it was. I must admit I didn't read it properly, I was busy (I had just loaded Kaspersky)and thought because it was
McAfee it would be OK, none of my defenses picked anything up.

rawprawn 15:48 28 Jul 2008

I have just had the same "Installed Update" I have denied it running using WinPatrol Plus. There is still no information on their site.

rawprawn 15:50 28 Jul 2008

Again it has taken a row to it'self on the Toolbar which I don't like.I think I may uninstall it. I don't like programs I can't fully control.

rawprawn 15:55 28 Jul 2008

I seem to have got it tamed within the toolbar, I will see how it goes on.

rawprawn 16:16 28 Jul 2008

I have uninstalled for the time being, it stopped my " Enable/Disable Add ons" working.

rawprawn 16:25 28 Jul 2008

IE seems to be where I am having trouble there is No problem with Firefox installation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone