mcaffee uninstall

dianadawn 01:32 16 Feb 2007

I just want to completely uninstall mcaffee virusscan but it says INF file missing

phono 01:37 16 Feb 2007

After using add remove from control panel download the removal tool from click here and run it.

See if that helps.

Stuartli 01:38 16 Feb 2007

You beat me to the removal tool (presumably similar to that of Norton).

phono 01:43 16 Feb 2007

Yep, used it in the past and it totally zapped a troublesome McAfee installation, after reinstalling I haven't had any problems to date.

I have used McAfee for a number of years now and I am, in the main, quite happy with it.

dianadawn 04:58 16 Feb 2007

it tells me it cant because of missing INF files

dianadawn 05:00 16 Feb 2007

sorry for being dumb but where is the removal tool?

dianadawn 05:04 16 Feb 2007

..and in add /remove i have mcaffee security center that says the program is running and to close it then try again -wheres it running at? and below that in add/remove is mcaffee virus scan that gives me the "error with script" msg then the missing INF file msg.

birdface 08:56 16 Feb 2007

If it is running it will not uninstall, Check the Quick start,Bottom right of computer,Right click Mcafee and you should have the options of stopping it running,If you stop it running ,Go back into add remove and try and delete it,

birdface 08:59 16 Feb 2007

I take it,this is the removal tool that they are talking about. click here

dianadawn 10:12 16 Feb 2007

thanx that "clickhere" thing worked quickly! Now I am attempting to install system mechanic 7 pro-having a few problems-when it tells me to restart, it wont--no matter how i tell it to restart or even turn off-it isnt frozen but wont restart or even turn off if i push the power button

birdface 10:38 16 Feb 2007

If you push the power button and hold it in for 5-6 seconds it should turn off,But I would not do that, only as a last resort,Someone might be able to give you a better way.Just wondering if maybe you were supposed to restart computer after deleting McAfee.You may have to do a system restore to before you had the missing file to see if that helped,I would wait and see if you get better advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone