Mcafee won't work/ uninstall / install / reinstall

J R Best 09:22 22 Mar 2006

My installation of mcafee security suite (its the version which came out last year) has gone horribly horribly wrong. Its been working fine since June when I got it, but it has started to develop problems. At first it would download updates, and not install them, it would appear as installing for hours and not actualy do anything (so my pc is running very out of date virus stuff which scares me). When i try to open the program i just get a white screen. When i tried to reinstall it, all i got was a white screen and nothing more. When i try to uninstall it i get a white screen. I have tried to contact their customer services repeatedly,and havent had a reply after 3 weeks, i'm unimpressed. I'm running XP home if that's needed. Thanks.

rawprawn 09:28 22 Mar 2006

Have you tried to uninstall it in safe mode? (Keep Tapping F8 when booting to get into safe mode)

rawprawn 09:49 22 Mar 2006
  J R Best 14:48 22 Mar 2006

sadly neither suggestion has worked... Still just get a white screen which says Mcafee Uninstaller at the top. It just seems to jam... As i said, the same thing happens when i try to open the program. I think that mcafee uses its own installer or something, not the windows one.

The 12th Man 15:35 22 Mar 2006

You are correct. They do have their own uninstaller. Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware, it is only available from them. Try emailing them and asking for the instructions. Alternatively, search their website. It may be on there, although I could not log onto the support page at the time of writing this.

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone