McAfee VirusScan - ActiveShield

Toria 21:53 22 Mar 2005

I installed and old AntiVirus CD to then try to upgrade with the latest but it would not work. I then tried to delete it but it would not delete so I did it manually! Bad mistake! I have since downloaded a new McAfee AntiVirus but I keep on getting the following message, which reads:
McAfee VirusScan
Some components of ActiveShield are either missing or might not have been installed properly. Please reinstall ActiveShield.

If you have started your computer in safe mode, please restart your computer in normal mode to enable McAfee VirusScan.

I do not know how to install the ActiveShield. Can anyone give me any advice?

ternard 22:52 22 Mar 2005

If you open the Security Centre, there should see a line which says to enable protection click here.
Then you have to shut down, and reboot computer, should then find everything is back to normal.

Toria 20:32 24 Mar 2005

When I tried to open the Security Centre it comes back with the message: Some components of McAfee Security Centre are missing or may not have been installed properly. Please reinstall McAfee SecurityCenter. I don't know how to install the SecurityCenter. I am also unable to install McAfee AntiVirus. I have been in touch with McAfee and told them the message I wasgetting, they told me to uninstall, which I did and still unable to download the new 2005 McAfee. They also gave me other options, which I tried and to no avail and I am now at a loss what to do. I cannot get hold of McAfee now as they are closed. I am concerned as I have no AntiVirus on the computer. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

CurlyWhirly 21:49 24 Mar 2005

Have you tried click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires