McAfee Site Advisor and IE7

Batch 09:36 19 Feb 2007

I've just installed the latest version of McAfee Site Advisor (SA) and am using IE7 with Google Toolbar already installed.

The SA token on the toolbar always appears on a line on it's own (thus wasting real-estate).

I've tried unlocking the toolbars, dragging the McAfee token on to the same line as the Google Toolbar and re-locking the toolbars. But when I resart IE, the McAfee token is back on a separate line all on its own.

Is there anything I can do to force it to stay on the same bar as Google (or sharing elsewhere)?

brundle 09:43 19 Feb 2007

This appears to have worked for someone else;
click here

birdface 10:58 19 Feb 2007

Have a look through this,click here

Batch 11:25 19 Feb 2007

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling SA, to no avail.

Also uninstalled Google Toolbar and installed SA and then Google Toolbar, still NBG.

It just seems to want its own toolbar line for its icon.

birdface 15:09 19 Feb 2007

If you are IE7 Right click top Toolbar.Untick lock the toolbars,You should then be able to move it about,If that does not work Untick the Menu bar as well,I can move mine about, You should be the same,

Batch 17:34 19 Feb 2007

Thanks buteman - but that's what I originally tried - see my 1st post.

birdface 18:23 19 Feb 2007

Ok after you get it where you want it you have to lock the toolbar again and the menu bar,Make sure the two of them are ticked ,And Mcafee should stay where it is.

Woolwell 19:00 19 Feb 2007

The problem is Google Toolbar Helper.

Under Tools - Manage Add-ons- Enabl or Disable Add-ons and disable Google Toolbar Helper.

You can then move Site Advisor as you want and it should stay put.

Batch 09:43 20 Feb 2007

Thanks, that seems to fix it.

Any idea exactly what the GTH does? I've searched but haven't been able to find anything that really explains.

Woolwell 15:39 20 Feb 2007

Reputedly it is meant to help stabilise toolbars. I am far from sure that it is useful at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?