McAfee security suite Updates

NotSureBoutThis 22:29 03 Mar 2007

I have McAfee security suite installed, over the last few days, I have noticed the updates have not been installing automatically, when I click on “Check for updates” I have to install all updates manually,

I have been in touch with the online help assistant, located in the US I think, bit I cannot resolve this problem.

Any advice please?

I am running Windows xp, and have the following installed

SuperAntispyware
Adaware SE
S&D
CC

Woolwell 23:06 03 Mar 2007

I think that you may find that it is a conflict between Adaware and McAfee
click here

When did you install Adaware?

NotSureBoutThis 00:01 04 Mar 2007

I've had the ad aware on for 12 months, never had any conflict before, as I say, just started recently, I do not have an installation disc, as I purchased online.

NotSureBoutThis 04:20 04 Mar 2007

To update

I have checked in my add/ remove programmes, and I installed "Superantispyware" a few weeks ago.

Thinking about it now, it's since installing the above, that my McAfee updates have not installed automatically

Any advice please?

SoftwareMS.co.uk 02:02 16 Mar 2007

Doesn't your version of McAfee come with Antispyware?

Kata12 18:23 21 Mar 2007

Have you checked your McAfee settings in MSC? click on configure and check where it it says update automatically(recommended).I hope this helps.I Have the McAfee Security Centre 8. version.Maybe the configuration settings are different for newer versions but there must be something similar for newer versions.

mobileman1953 19:14 21 Mar 2007

spybot search and destroy conflicts with mcafee , mine would not update till i removed s and d then it updated ok

riiverstock 22:12 21 Mar 2007

If you are talking about McAfee 2007 then during installation,it scans and then notifies you to remove Adaware and maybe some other programs that it does not work with.

Spybot should be ok.

mobileman1953 18:05 22 Mar 2007

sorry riiverstock is right it was adaware se i had to remove sorry for wrong info

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?