McAfee Security Suite causing problems?

wildhouse 21:57 22 Feb 2006

I have recently installed McAfee Internet Security Suite and since then have had problems with both email and Internet connection. Just one of my 5 email addresses duplicates or triplicates each email I receive (Tiscali - but the problem does not seem to be there). I now have problems sending emails. Also since installing McAfee my Internet connection has slowed down considerably and it takes way longer to boot my computer up. Connecting to the Internet and then Outlook Express can take 5 minutes. I have a broadband connection and Windows XP. Anyone else have these problems and any remedies? I am totally unable to contact McAfee about the problems - their help site does not work.

beynac 22:45 22 Feb 2006

You could try the McAfee forum. click here

I'm not a big fan, but it could be worth a try.

wildhouse 18:27 23 Feb 2006

Thanks Beynac - I noticed you had this link in another response and I tried it then. I have been trying for several days and it doesn't work. It is over a week since I emailed McAfee and they have not responded and I cannot get their Customer Support site to open. I am so fed up with it I have uninstalled McAfee and now my emails are not being duplicated. I will take it back to PC World for a refund and rely on AVG!

big bloke66 18:50 23 Feb 2006

Works fine for me.

big bloke66 18:56 23 Feb 2006

The link that is.and mcafee.
At least AVG is free.

smy13 18:56 23 Feb 2006

Think it's a big improvement over last years Security suite, like the way the spam folder is now integrated into Outlook rather than having to get to it through the security suite interface. Don't know if you'll get any joy from PC world as the products not really faulty but good luck

wildhouse 19:19 23 Feb 2006

Thanks for your responses. I have now completely uninstalled McAfee and both my email and internet connection are working perfectly. McAfee Security Suite must have some incompatibilty with my computer although not according to the box and since everything now works perfectly again I think there must be a problem with McAfee. I have heard of other people who have also had problems so I will definitely be returning it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?