mcafee internet security suite

halfwayinn 23:17 25 Oct 2006

A year ago i bought mcafee internet security suite 2006 and now my subscription has expired. i need to renew but its giving me 2 options:

OPTION 1: NEW!McAfee Internet Security Suite
$39.99 approx £22

or

OPTION 2: Content Renewal
$34.99 approx £19

Option 1, The NEW! internet security suite is the 2007 version and im presuming its the full software program which as far as I know I dont ned to re-install as I already have the 2006 version installed?

If this is correct then, all I need to do is renew my subscription and pay for option 2 which doesn't entail any software installation but merely continues my subscription for another 12 months with DAT updates?

Having said that, my intial purchase of the full internet security suite included 12 months updates of virus protection, spam filters etc - by renewing option 2 (content renewal) does this include updates for all security features or just the anti-virus protection?

This may seem a simple procedure to some but having only protected my laptop for the last 12 months you can understand I'm not exactly a computer wizard.

The other alternative is to buy the Full suite software package again for £45

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dean

Strawballs 00:57 26 Oct 2006

Go for option 2 I did and got updates for the whole suite not just the antivirus.

^wave^ 08:32 26 Oct 2006

save money and get avg free and zonealarm free. i ditched macfee years ago

halfwayinn 09:54 26 Oct 2006

ive seen loads of negative comments about mcafee and all other anti virus software - ive never once (touch wood) had a problem with mcafee and its certainly protected my laptop for the past year.

thanks for the advice all the same

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?