Mcafee Internet security Suite 2007

julas64 20:01 22 Jan 2007

Hi, can anyone help please. Ive just purchased though an internet shopping site, a new cd version of Mcafee Internet Security Suite 2007, but i didnt realise that the advertisement read Internet Security Suite 2007 Whitebox OEM UK. I dont understand what the Whitebox OEM UK stands for and if i have purchased the correct item for my pc. Does anyone have any ideas? Ive been onto McAfee customer services chat, but to say they were useless is understating the fact. The person i spoke to seemed to have no idea about this.

brundle 20:12 22 Jan 2007

Just means it comes in a plain box, not the more-expensive-to-produce printed box you'd see on a store shelf. May be missing printed manuals too (if the retail version comes with them, I don't know) but documentation will probably be included on the CD.

brundle 20:13 22 Jan 2007

No difference in the actual software itself by the way.

FreeCell 20:14 22 Jan 2007

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer and it is applied to products that are shipped as part of a more complete kit, i.e. operating system as part of bought computer system. Means it comes without instructions usually and not in retail packaging, thus white box.

There will likely be nothing wrong with the product and you can install it without any problem and register the product as normal. I have bought similar in the past and have had no difficulties.

julas64 20:59 22 Jan 2007

Many thanks guys. Feel really daft now, didnt think the term whitebox was quite as simple as it sounded. Although have to say, mine didnt come in a whitebox, it came in a brown envelope, maybe it should have been called brownenvelope oem. HA!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?