McAfee AntiVirus - wee query

JimButler 17:28 09 Dec 2006

Can anyone be of help ? I have recently updated ( ie paid for ) DAT file updates from the McAfee site.I think I`ve got a wee problem. The DAT updates refers to Vers 10 of VirusScan. I am not too sure exactly wot ver I have. My Laptop ( where I have the issue ) came with Security Center installed. It was purchased June 2004.
My desktop has a version of Virus scan that I purchased Mar 2006. Opening Sec Center on laptop and looking at "about Virusscan" reveals the following info-
Build 10.0.27
Eng 5100
DAT 4912 ( DAT not current as sub expired )

The info on Desktop reveals the same ( DAT file a few versions on obviously )
However the above also has a version field ie complete info for D/Top is -
Version 10
Build 10.0.27
Eng 5100
DAT 4914

Question - altho slight diff. in format of info displayed, is the Laptop VirusScan version 10 ?

Jackcoms 17:43 09 Dec 2006

They both seem to be Version 10 - with the virus definitions (DAT) being out of date on the lappie.

JimButler 18:00 09 Dec 2006

Is the relevant info the Build ?
ie Does the 10 part definitely mean version 10
10 ?

It just seems odd that the d/top actually uses the word Version while the l/top version does not.
As stated the main difference is I bought and installed the d/top version and Dell pre-installed the laptop version.

Jackcoms 18:10 09 Dec 2006

It donkey's years since I used McAfee - but, yes, I believe so.

JimButler 18:28 09 Dec 2006

Well I`ll assume for now that this is version 10.
What is happening is this.
I today ( Sat 9/12 ) took an option for 1 yrs DAT updates. I was charged £16.99. I received an eMail from McAfee confirming same. If I follow mail link to site "My Account" info displays my purchase history including my purchase today as above. If I do not follow eMail link and just visit site directly and enter "My Account" area today`s purchase is NOT listed. I am not receiving UPDATES from site, even if I manually attempt to do so from within Sec Center. It might be the case that McAfee have to do summat at their end after updates subs are purchased ( Contact on 0207 949 0107 reveals no weekend cover ). Any info on this anyone ?

compo84 20:39 09 Dec 2006

all i can suggest is to get in touch with mcafee by e-mail or phone, you paid for the product so they should advise you on any problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?