McAfee

blazingbadger 09:24 26 Mar 2009

I have MCAfee installe (Came as part of Package) When I first used it It showed if a site was Safe Safeish or Dangerous. However when i started it up this morning when I search for sites it no longer Shows the ticks against the results ie Green Yellow or Red Is there anyway to rectify this My op is vista home premium.

blazingbadger 09:26 26 Mar 2009

Also should have stated browser is Firefox though it ran ok in this browser yesterday

birdface 09:46 26 Mar 2009

Not sure what happens if it comes as a package.Normally you have to download the proper one for Firefox or Internet Explorer.
Maybe press the refresh button and see if that helps.
If still having problems you can always Download and use WOT.It does the same job as McAfee.

birdface 09:50 26 Mar 2009

This one for Firefox.
click here
Anyone wanting to use it in Internet Explorer would have to download the I.E version

tonyx1302 10:33 26 Mar 2009

Following on from your post buteman, can I run Firefox WOT with McAfee as I'm in the same position as blazingbadger ? XP Home

Tony

birdface 10:55 26 Mar 2009

You can run both I Think.but maybe better turning the McAfee one off.I used to run AVG link scanner as well as McAfee and both worked but when looking in Task Manager there was a bit of a conflict between the two of them,So I would imagine it would be better just to run the one of them whichever one you prefer.I use WOT and am perfectly happy with it.I used to get the same problems with McAfee as you are getting.

tonyx1302 11:02 26 Mar 2009

Thank you buteman

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone