mc-110-12-0000137.exe problem

WhiteTruckMan 11:38 03 Apr 2006

got the above virus on daughters machine. ntlnetguard picks it up and deletes it on ever boot. searched through the system for it, but no joy. run scans (in safe mode as well) of netguard, xoftspy, spyware doctor and ad-aware but cant shift it. wanted to scan the registry for it but couldnt open regedit. said another application was using the application. unable to bring up the task manager to see whats running.

She used to have some garbage called limewire which I have trashed (hopefully!) which is -I think-at the root of all this.

I may (read:probably)end up formatting and re-installing, but has anyone got any ideas?

TIA

WTM

VoG II 11:55 03 Apr 2006
  WhiteTruckMan 19:01 03 Apr 2006

solved this (fingers crossed!) by doing a remote scan across my network from another machine with norton on. It found a copy-if thats the word-of svchost.exe in the startup folder of start-allprograms. I turned off system restore then restarted in safe mode and deleted the offending article. it was about 212k, whereas the proper one was about 14k, and it was even a different icon.

WTM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

See the Best Button Badge Designs of 2017

iPhone X review

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires