mbs HELL

BIFFA1 21:24 28 Jan 2008

HEY please some1! help i am getting a mbs pop up 9mins after i log on saying i owe money 4 a gambling site! which i have never been on! i tried 2 call the FREE number which was not free and was on hold 4 7 mins when my credit went! i have tried 2 remove it from sytem32 but will not allow me access 2 the file, and yes i am the adminastrator, there is a way 2 get it off but i have only seen 1 4 windows XP not vista please sum1 help plus i am only a beginer!!! kelly

VoG II 21:29 28 Jan 2008
  Meshuga 09:40 29 Jan 2008

BIFFA1, I realise that you are a beginner but please be aware that the use of "Text Speak" is disliked on the forum. Please use full words, not numbers to indicate words. Good luck with getting mbs sorted out.

mfletch 12:27 29 Jan 2008

Hi,

I do believe that Spybot S&D will remove the MBS,

click here

Download and update Spybot then do a scan,

mfletch

Clapton is God 12:38 29 Jan 2008

And look around the Forum.

There are several other long threads about MBS in the various Forums already - many with solutions

Pamy 12:48 29 Jan 2008
  wee eddie 13:21 29 Jan 2008

Maybe you are the person who has Proof-Positive that your Computer did not visit a Site that uses MBS to collect its Fees.

pj123 15:26 29 Jan 2008

wee eddie, you are reading it wrong. That is why "text speak" is very misleading.

What he said was: "and was on hold 4 7 mins"
which translates as "and was on hold for 7 mins"

But I agree, if this guy/gal can prove that they never went on to this site in the first place then the FE would like to know.

So far no one has ever proved that MBS software arrived on their PC without their knowledge.

pj123 18:07 29 Jan 2008

BIFFA1, can you prove that you have never been on the MBS site that is asking you for money?

"saying i owe money 4 a gambling site! which i have never been on!"

BIFFA1 20:53 05 Mar 2008

Hey all, i am sad to say i cannot prove that i did not enter the gambling site which MBS say i did, but am pleased to say i got rid of the terrible bill i had to restore it back to factory condition. But thanks anyway. Biffa (gal)

PS i am sorry about the "text speak" i didnt relise it was so offensive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone