MBS again

carlarghhh 17:44 18 Jan 2008

I paid before googling it and seeing all the stuff on here.
Was that reallllly stupid or what?

octal 17:54 18 Jan 2008

Well that is really up to you to decide. But out of interest, did they send you the software to remove the offending pop-up? If so how long did it take for them to send it to you?

carlarghhh 18:42 18 Jan 2008

they didn't send me anything except an email of confirmation that i'd paid and it wouldn't bother me again.
i just ran ad-aware though and my mcafee popped up saying a PUP called spzax.ocx was found.
i dunno what this is, but it was harmful so i went to delete it and it then said it couldnt and the programme name is MicroBillSystems.

and just so you all know, i was/am in the same situation as everyone else, but thought it was all legitimate and thought paying would be the only way to get rid of it and maybe someone apart from me had accessed the site.

carlarghhh 18:42 18 Jan 2008

they didn't send me anything except an email of confirmation that i'd paid and it wouldn't bother me again.
i just ran ad-aware though and my mcafee popped up saying a PUP called spzax.ocx was found.
i dunno what this is, but it was harmful so i went to delete it and it then said it couldnt and the programme name is MicroBillSystems.

and just so you all know, i was/am in the same situation as everyone else, but thought it was all legitimate and thought paying would be the only way to get rid of it and maybe someone apart from me had accessed the site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?