M'board, CPU, memory bundles

Christopher Lewis 14:09 15 May 2007

My old K6 based computer has finally died. Most of it is much newer, so I thought I'd just replace the m'board, CPU and memory (Oh, I guess I'll need an new OS as well)
Are there any particularly good deals available at the moment? I don't need anything particularly powerful, just robust.

Technotiger 14:15 15 May 2007

click here

Have a look at Novatech, they do some great bundles and are an excellent firm to deal with.

Totally-braindead 15:07 15 May 2007

You're basically needing a new PC so I'd have a look at the Novatech offerings as well.
As Technotiger says their after sales service is excellent.
You could also look at some of the PC World offerings as they do very good deals on complete systems but I do find that branded PCs are stingy on power supplies putting low rated ones in their PCs. Not a problem unless you want to upgrade your graphics card etc.
If you were using an old K6 then virtually anything would be an improvement.

wjrt 19:51 15 May 2007
  Diemmess 20:08 15 May 2007

There is a lot of pleasure in ordering the right bricks and building your own.

Very recently struggled with my own similar problem and soon realised that the way Novatech prices are structured, a finished tested system, cost much less than buying the same components individually!

Obviously passing on a useful discount and also avoiding flak from a customer just looking for a cheap way out and who then found something didn't match.

Stuartli 20:42 15 May 2007

Good offer at Scan on its TodayOnly page:

click here

(Intel Core 2 Duo 6420 Combo, £199.74))

Christopher Lewis 13:57 16 May 2007

Thanks for all the suggestions, I already had both Novatech and Scan on my shortlists, but it is reassuring to get customer feedback.

The Scan item was interesting, but I already have a powerful machine, I just need to get my basic machine running again.

Christopher

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone