VIA M/Board Chipset and New Asus 64MB DDR AGP

Giggle n' Bits 21:25 10 Jan 2003
  Giggle n' Bits 21:25 10 Jan 2003

Having to reinstall all driver again after yet another format in Win98Se with a Intel 650MHz CPU, 384MB PC133 SDRAM in a Biostar M/board model No. M6VBE -A

I have a new Asus 64MB DDR Geforce 4 AGP V8170 Retail which when installing the Drivers installs the VGART Via 4in1 drivers.

Question is with Formating the HDD do I need to install from a download from VIA Arean my VIA Appollo Pro + chipset 4in1 drivers ?

OR

Just use the ones that came built in with the ASUSTek V8170 AGP Graphics card.

on last atempt before format with also replacingthe SDRAM PC133 now its 384MB I wasn't impressed with the perofmance.

Mainly doubfull aboutthe VIA drivers, yes I know there is the new VIA drivers but wiht AGP card having the install for them and the Motherboard which if both or what.

Thanks to other ASUS V8170 users with any imput or findings on this VGA card. and anyone else who replies.

DieSse 21:49 10 Jan 2003

With every Via chipset board and GeF graphics card combination I have ever used (lots, but not yours, I'm afraid) - I have installed the latest Via 4-in-1 drivers and the latest GeF Detonator drivers, and they have worked fine together.

Can't see any reason why they should not work for you.

Giggle n' Bits 23:10 10 Jan 2003

cam on ASUSTek Driver CD first then installed the AGP CGA Driver/s. This time things are working what looks like a lot better than my firat attempt.

On my First attempt I installed the Via's Driver from the Biostar Motherboard drivers download site and they obvioulsly didn't agree.

Thanks DieSse.

Ghost-in-u

DieSse 23:48 10 Jan 2003

You should really try the latest 4-in-1 drivers from click here. The motherboards site will always lag behind these.

And the latest GeF drivers from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?