Maybe Conflicker Worm??

Mean Machine 11:08 14 Apr 2009

Please can someone help!! I'm quite good on PC's (Well so I thought) but i'm really having problems.
I think my computer might be infected by the dreaded Conflicker worm and I can't get rid of it.

I have tried many things to see but nothing works, please see listed things I have tried:

1)Windows Defender but it stalls everytime on C:\Windows\uninstal.exe.

2)Using my iolo System Mechanic 8 I did a scan it found a virus and disinfected.

3)Downloaded Avast, it found nothing.

4)AdAware Annivesary Edition again nothing found.

5)Tried Windows Defender again but stalled on same file, after many tries I thought that it might have been damaged so I uninstalled, but now I can't re-download as the page wont load.

6)I also did an online scan through Windows Security (sorry can't quite remember what it was called)and it also stalled on same file as the defender.

Am I just being paranode or am I doomed!! ha ha

Cheers

Kev

Graphicool1 11:11 14 Apr 2009
  OTT_Buzzard 11:17 14 Apr 2009

I guess the first question is what syptoms are you getting.

A classic symptom of Confiker is being unable to access anti-virus websites and Windows update. So if you can do this, the chances are that you are Confiker free.

Belatucadrus 11:17 14 Apr 2009

click here for the sophos Conficker removal tool. Not the quickest scan tool out there.

Graphicool1 11:20 14 Apr 2009
  OTT_Buzzard 11:24 14 Apr 2009

nice link!!

SuzukiKev 11:36 14 Apr 2009

Cheers for your quick replys. I had tried that link before hand and I showed up OK. It's just that windows defender always stalled and now it wont let me load there web page. Every other antivirus page it ok just not windows defender.

Cheers again

birdface 12:07 14 Apr 2009

Try this.Free for 30 days but it will remove anything it finds.

click here

lotvic 13:04 14 Apr 2009

looks like Mean Machine has changed name to SuzukiKev - must be a very confusing problem you've got there :D

emily3543 13:44 14 Apr 2009

before doing any step create restore point then download ,install and update malwarebyte and superantispyware scan your computer with these software they will resolve your issue

phono 14:36 14 Apr 2009

Download the BitDefender Conficker removal tool from click here install and run it, a scan is very quick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?