Maxtor Onetoutch II 300Gb drive failure

Fullywired 09:58 01 Jan 2006

for christmas i got a 300Gb Maxtor Onetouch II External Hard drive, with USB 2 and Firewire. until yesterday, i have been extrememly happy with the hard drve, i transferred all my 80Gb music collection and many GigaBytes of documents, photos and videos onto the drive erasing them from my home PC to save space. i have taken the drive with me most places i go and played my music, viewed my photo's and watched my videos on it, however, yesterday i was listening to music as usual as well as transferring some new CDs onto it. then when i went into the drive in windows explorer, i got as far as 3 folders deep and my PC said the older was unreadable, so i tried to go back into the root directory and that too was corrupted! now i have no access to any files on the drive, in properties the drive shows as RAW with 0 bytes total size and 0 Bytes used. what can i do to get the files back?? and how can i get back into my drive? would i need to contact maxtor or Ebuyer where the drive was bought?

Thanks in advance

Fully

AndySD 10:49 01 Jan 2006

Maxtor first. click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:58 01 Jan 2006

File recovery :-
Badcopy Pro click here
file_recovery click here
R_Studio click here
Easyrecovery click here
Testdisc click here
Drive Rescue click here

Try drive rescue first

Fullywired 13:34 01 Jan 2006

thanks guys, much appreciated! can anyone recommend a good drive recovery program that is Freeware and works with NTFS??

Regards

Fully

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone