Maxtor one Touch messages

oldseadog 19:29 14 Aug 2007

I backup my work frequently on my Maxtor one touch; it goes through its backup procedure without a problem and shuts my computer down. However, when I re-boot my computer I get the following messages on my Desktop:
In the top left corner is a display box with the heading “Retrospect helper service” under the heading three messages are displayed - Updating Registry, Deleting Temp Files and Updating Meta Data. Each line has a small box with a greyed out tick in it.
In the centre of the screen a message states – “System configuration restored. The computer will re-boot when you press OK.
When pressing OK it re-boots and all is well. Needless to say it is annoying to re-boot the computer twice after backing up my work. The Maxtor to Computer connection is by firewire. No changes have been made to my set-up.
The messages only started to appear a few months ago. Does anyone know what the problem might be?
Finally, when viewing the Maxtor drive (K) in my case I get the message “The Recycle bin on K:/ is corrupt do you want to empty the recycle bin for this drive? I just click No and continue my work, but what is that all about?
There is obviously something wrong but what?
Any help would be much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone