Maxtor one touch

GBL 09:06 04 Jan 2008

I have an 80gb hard drive which is almost full so I decided to buy a Maxtor One Touch stand alone hard drive the idea being to transfer files from the main "C" drive onto it and then delete some to clear and make space on the "C" drive.
I followed the limited install instructions and am currently backing up the "C" drive onto the Maxtor. I did click schedule backup each day. The question is, if I delete files from the main "C" drive will the Maxtor delete them from the backup folder when it next checks,or does it just add any new files? if so will I need to transfer them into a separate folder within the Maxtor?

MCE2K5 22:59 04 Jan 2008

"if I delete files from the main "C" drive will the Maxtor delete them from the backup folder when it next checks": Not to sure about that, But I would think Not. My Buffalo Doesn't.

"or does it just add any new files?": Mine backs-up everytime a file goes onto the C: Drive.

GBL 09:32 05 Jan 2008

I tested it last night by putting a blank folder into an empty file, eg My E books and this morning when i checked it that had gone, so I presume that it copies the complete My Documents folder and over writes the last saved backup, so I need to be carefull.

Thanks for the reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?