Maxtor 3200 Ex. hd. drive problem

Fay2 09:19 30 May 2009

Just bought a new computer with Vista installed... now my external hard drive wont come on ..... I notice on the box that Windows 2000 and XP are the requirements ... could Vista be the reason?

Thanks

Fay

Technotiger 09:48 30 May 2009

Yes, have a look on the hard-drive makers site to see if there is a Vista Driver for it.

click here have a look under Support ...

KPC 09:57 30 May 2009

I need to recover data from an external hard drive that has failed. I have a mac, well its a friends and he said his computer wont recognise it anymore and there is a constant flicker on the light at the front of the drive which after contacting their support line have confirmed there is a fault. He has read that if he tries to connect to a windows pc, although the drive is formatted to Mac OS, it should see it. Is this true and is there any good recovery software i can use to recover the data. I have a fully updated genuine vista premium pc. thanks.

KPC 10:00 30 May 2009

sorry, ignore the message above, i was opening a new thread and i was typing in your response message window.

Fay2 11:19 30 May 2009

thanks Techno. I'll have a look.

That's OK KPC .... I'm having the same problem.
Fay

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?