Maximise Windows - Vista Ultimate

Press Man 20:14 30 Jan 2009

Hi Guys,

When I open a web page from "favourites" the window always opens in a reduced size. Is there a way to make them open "maximised". I know how to do this for short cuts on the "quick launch bar" but not favourites.

Thanks in advance.

johnnyrocker 20:27 30 Jan 2009

dont know about vista but in xp it is usually drag to fit then close with alt f4 should then re open full size, might be worth a try

johnny

Press Man 20:32 30 Jan 2009

johnnyrocker,

Thanks, but did not work!

Miké 20:38 30 Jan 2009

See my post click here

Press Man 20:44 30 Jan 2009

Miké,

That seems to have worked. Just to add, I needed to open at least 3 windows and then hold ctrl and close with the red x. Thanks.

FatboySlim71 09:42 31 Jan 2009

Sometimes if you maximize the window it sometimes doesn't hold the windows size the next time you open it, what I do in this case is to stretch the window manually to more or less the same size that maximize would have made it and then hold CTRL and click the red X with the left button, sometimes you can just close the window at maximized by going to FILE menu and selecting EXIT, and/or using the combination I have mentioned above if the first try doesn't work.

I have never been unable to have the window open at the required size by doing one of the above methods.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017