Maximise Image Quality - Minimise Fife Size

dogbreath1 13:35 12 Jul 2010

I've taken a number of screen shots (currently as jpg's) that I want to email to a friend.

What is the best way of maintaining clarity of image whilst minimising file size? Ideally, I'd prefer to retain the screen shots at their original physical size since they contain smallish text.

I've occasionally come across pdf's which have a mass of clear detail (including images) but still manage to have relatively small file sizes. How is this achieved?

TIA

dogbreath1 13:36 12 Jul 2010

Sorry about the original title typo!

MAT ALAN 15:09 12 Jul 2010

click here

might help...

dogbreath1 15:09 12 Jul 2010

A specific example of what I'm trying to do is to minimise the file size of the linked image (360KB) whilst keeping the quality as high as possible. Ideally, I'd like to retain the image size of 980 x 825 pixels.

click here

It would be great if someone could try this out and post back positive results with methodology!

dogbreath1 15:32 12 Jul 2010

Thanks for the pointer.

I've just been playing around with it but I'll need to experiment with the settings.

Cheers.

Any more ideas very welcome! ;)

eedcam 16:12 12 Jul 2010

on that particular page why not right click then send picture choose keep full size and it will go as ajpg attachment

john bunyan 16:13 12 Jul 2010

If you just want to view pictures on the screen and not print them, there is no point in going above 300 dots per inch (dpi).If you have picture software you can choose the size - say 7" x 5" at 72 dpi and you will find that is about 548 X 411 pixels. Yours could be bigger. If you want to print, it is best at about 300 dpi (cant see the difference on screen) the 7" x 5" would be about 2285 x 1712 pixels.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017