marscore.dll & ocgen.dll problems

magnius 15:38 05 Jul 2004

We have been having problems with these two dlls on our PC for the last year or so now. No one is able to give us a straight answer about what to do or anything no matter which forum we go to. So I am hoping someone will be able to help us here.

We have Windows XP Home Edition installed on our PC. Basically what the problems are, are these:

Whenever you try to access System Restore or the Help Center, a little message box comes up saying "marscore.dll not found" and will not let you access either of the above.

Whenever you go into Add or Remove Programs and click on "Add/Remove Windows Componants" a message box comes up and says the following:

"Setup library ocgen.dll could not be loaded, or function OcEntry could not be found. Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is Ox7e"

and will not let you go any further.

What the heck are these about? The computer is functioning normally except for not being able to access these things.

I havent done a reinstall of Windows, because we havent got the Operating Systems Disc or the Service Pack 1 Disc as they never came with the PC.

Please can someone help at all?

sedgi 16:09 05 Jul 2004

Look it up on google, loads of sites offering help for these missing dll and many more. Good luck

sedgi 16:19 05 Jul 2004

go here click here. Its in there. it should belong in C:/windows/system32

magnius 19:03 05 Jul 2004

I looked on Google and nothing useful came up...I've tried afew "solutions" and nothings works :( One problem is that my PC did not come with the XP disc, so I cannot get anything from the disc.

magnius 19:12 05 Jul 2004

Right...I downloaded the marscore.dll and put it where you said...and it still doesn't work!!

sedgi 19:32 05 Jul 2004

Have you tried contacting microsoft, or your Pc supplyer for support, I think you need the xp system disc.

magnius 19:35 05 Jul 2004

I didn't come with an XP disc...XP was pre-installed...I phoned microsoft and they suggested borrowing an XP disc from someone...will this work?

sedgi 19:41 05 Jul 2004

You could browse the disc for the file but I don`t know if this will fix the problem, the only other idea I have is for you to download Pc-doc or another bug fixer let me know if you`ve tried this root, if not I`ll send you some links.

sedgi 19:52 05 Jul 2004

Try these, there is a fee for the fix but I would say it`s the only easy root.
click here
click here
click here
There are loads of tools out there have a look around system mechanic is good for a one off fee
just finding the link.

sedgi 19:57 05 Jul 2004

click here not sure if this sorts out dll`s the others do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?