March CD

Gerry 10:02 18 Jan 2007

Any one tried to D/Load the "Encyclopedia Britannica" as when I tried it goes straight to "Register the code" on disc............and no code has been given in the 'magazine'OR have I got a'bum' c/d??

RickyC :-) 10:42 18 Jan 2007

As stated in the magazine, you need to go online to register for the serial number. There's a link from the CD, next to the install button. You can either click there, or click here click here and follow the instructions to get the code.

Please let me know if you struggle to get the code,

regards
Richard
Cover Disc Editor

Gerry 11:15 18 Jan 2007

Sorry..............NOT resolved I copied and pasted the S/no...............Incorrect was the reply
As my 'copy' of disc goes straight to the "Register" part there is no "next to install button" to register
I have also put in this code by 'hand' no go Sorry!!!

Gerry 11:27 18 Jan 2007

Have just run it again and...........Eureka!! its all done and dusted..........Thank you!

RickyC :-) 12:16 18 Jan 2007

Gerry,

delighted to see that you've been able to install the software. For future reference, the 'install' button I was referring to is the one on the PC Advisor disc menu, not during the Britannica installation.

Feel free to give this thread a green tick to show it's been resolved.

regards

Richard
Cover Disc Editor

aine 20:59 18 Jan 2007

I have noticed that the pc advisor help file on the cd still will not install, this problem was raise a few months ago and to my knowledge was never resolved perhaps the editor can help

aine 21:01 18 Jan 2007

I have noticed that the pc advisor help file on the cd still will not install, this problem was raised a few months ago and to my knowledge was never resolved perhaps the editor can help sorry for the spelling mistake

RickyC :-) 10:03 19 Jan 2007

Regarding the help file - can you clarify which file isn't installing? I seem to have missed this whenever it was raised previously.

many thanks

Richard
Cover Disc Editor

Gerry 10:40 19 Jan 2007

Richard...................Never came up with the usual options........straight to the Brittania options!!Which means that any other progs on the disc I cannot access

RickyC :-) 11:47 19 Jan 2007

Apologies Gerry - I wrongly assumed you were referring to the DVD edition (as that's the issue which most readers buy).

As you correctly point out, the autorun on the CD edition goes directly to the Britannica install process. This is because the Britannica program is the only content on the CD, and in order for the disc to be certified as 'Working with Vista', we weren't able to add or amend any content on the master disc.

On p158, in the cover disc section of the magazine, readers will hopefully spot the reference to online registration and will follow the link to click here

DVD edition users will find that the disc menu opens as usual, and can go through all the sections of the disc, install the software and follow the links to online registration where appropriate.

CD edition readers wishing to obtain the helpline files, software trials, additional full programs and games demos - plus all of the other software mentioned in the magazine, would do well to take out a DVD subscription - click here for more details, or call 01795 414 836 to upgrade your CD subscription to the DVD edition.

regards

Richard
Cover Disc Editor

aine 19:11 19 Jan 2007

cd editor ref your request for information PC ADVISOR SEARCHABLE HELPLINE DIRECTORY this is the one that will not install regards aine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?