Mapping systems software query/advice

csqwared 20:23 20 May 2008

I'm trying to locate a mapping system similar to Autoroute but with better street level detail, similar to Google maps but not quite as detailed. I need to be able to zoom in and out, add "flags" and text and locate using longitude and latitude. I then need to be able to save any annotated maps in a file sysytem. I've had no luck with Google, can anyone point me in the right direction please? (pun intended)

Tks

cc

csqwared 20:24 20 May 2008

P.S. This is primarily for use in the Yorkshire area.

MAT ALAN 20:39 20 May 2008

click here

google maps seems to be the way to go...

csqwared 21:25 20 May 2008

Thanks for the link. I've had look and whilst the details level is spot on and I'm able to add stuff, I would really like a full screen presentation without the sidebar and huge Google logo etc. I'ld also like to be able to save the maps to a file which doesn't seem possible with Google. If you've any other ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

cc

Woolwell 22:10 20 May 2008

Have you had a look at MS Live Earth click here.

I recently discovered, to my surprise that its mapping is more up to date than Google although its aerial view is not so good. I am not sure that you can add flags, etc.

Streetmap allows you to search by lat/long but the result is probably not what you want.

Multimap click here uses the Live Earth mapping.

csqwared 19:26 21 May 2008

Thanks for that. I haven't explored that option. I was wanting the info for a work related project and have discovered today we have an in-house application that does exactly what I need.

Thanks to you both for your efforts. :-))

cc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?