mapping a port????

Mark5001 23:19 31 May 2007

I have just networked my 3 PC's together. All went without a hitch. However, I use utorrent to get freeware, demos, updates etc. If I try to assign a port for this, the router online config accepts it but my firewall seems to be blocking it all. Using shields up states that I am in true stealth mode and that all ports do not seem to exist?? No software firewall is in use at this time only the two hardware firewalls in the router. What if anything am I doing wrong? It is a NETGEAR RP614v3, Windows XP Service Pack 2.

PP321 09:01 01 Jun 2007

As a heavy utorrent user myself, i too came up against the mapping problem, i presume your not seeing this

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.
A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 36442 on 82.27xx.x2.91...

OK! Port 36442 is open and accepting connections.

You will be able to receive incoming BitTorrent connections.

when you click on the yellow exclamation mark on utorrent? If not then follow this guide, this is for you EXACT router, and u cannot go wrong.

click here

Mark5001 12:50 01 Jun 2007

Thanks for that but I have already been there and done it. It states to use a static IP where as mine is a dynamic one. Not sure if this is the problem opening this port I need.

Mark5001 21:02 02 Jun 2007

Rang tech support and all sorted.
Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?