Mapping network printers and logging on at startup

Ali100 14:16 18 Dec 2003

Hello All

Some time ago my XP Pro machine through a bit of a wobbly while using Adobe Acrobat.

Since then, whenever I start my computer I need to manually log-on to our network when previously this was done as the machine booted up (ticking the "remember password" box has no effect).

Also, I need to re-map our PostScript printers each morning when previously this was not necessary (i.e.
net use lpt2: .... /persistent:yes).

I did a system restore at the time of the initial problem but this did not help.

Anybody got any ideas why this would happen or what I can do to overcome these annoying problems?

Thanks for any help.

Regards
Alistair

AndySD 17:04 18 Dec 2003

Acrobat or the reader? If Acrobat then try uninstalling then reinstalling it also click here and see if there is an update for your version.

recap 17:14 18 Dec 2003

A tip on network printer I got from spikeychris. Look in Folders/View and see if search for Printers when loggin on is ticked. If it is then untick it.

Ali100 09:47 19 Dec 2003

Thanks for the suggestions.

Recap, I tried your suggestion but this had no effect. AndySD, the problem is not now with Acrobat but more general system problems to do with logging on (but I did reinstall Acrobat at the time of the original problems).

I don't know what to try next, perhaps there is something deep in the registry that is forgetting my network passwords/username and the printer mappings everytime that the machine is switched off.

I would add that everything else with the machine seems perfect.

Thanks for any further help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?