mapping & grid reference data

Rtus 21:37 25 Feb 2007

Does anyone know of web page with local maps service giving grid reference when hovering the mouse above the spot you want to identify grid for ?

SANTOS7 21:48 25 Feb 2007

click here
this may help..

ashdav 21:50 25 Feb 2007

click here
Click on the spot you want.
Grid reference shows up under the map window.

anskyber 21:51 25 Feb 2007

SANTOS7 suggestion does work, I use it. You will need to click get a map and type in a postcode or place. Click on the object you want the ref for and the map will centre at that point. The grid ref will be at the bottom of the map.

Woolwell 21:53 25 Feb 2007

Ordnance Survey Get a Map - if you put in a place name or post code it gives the grid ref of the centre click here

Streetmap
click here
Enter a post code or place name or street. When you click on the map it changes to grid ref and you can read off the grid ref.

Neither sites give hover read though.

Rtus 22:09 25 Feb 2007

thanks will give em a go. it may be help full though if you dont have to search for a named place location first ,as I may not know its name (lol) the ord servey one looks ok though.

keef66 12:35 26 Feb 2007

Google earth also gives the full longitude / latitude ref, which I have occasionally had to transfer to my TomTom satnav to get me to remote spots which don't have names / postcodes / addresses

Rtus 17:57 26 Feb 2007

Ive found this one which does just about do what I need. pity ot didnt zoom a little closer.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone