Many windows opening?

Cara2 12:49 11 Oct 2006

Diffficult to explain but for instance if I were to open Sage accounting and imput my password many windows of the programme opens each time I try to log on. (i.e. I place my cursor in the required place and begin to type)

Really wierd. am not sure if it is just Sage which causes this. I can sometimes get many windows of the internet opening also.

I have cleaned and reformatted my computer and run AVG which has detected no virus.

I have altered the setting on my keyboard but to no avail.

I can, eventually log on sucessfully, but only having closed down and rebooted comp.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Cara

Technotiger 14:38 11 Oct 2006

Hi, has this only just started? If so, and you are using XP, I would suggest doing a System Restore back to a time when all was ok.

Cheers.

terryf 14:41 11 Oct 2006

Have you looked at your mouse settings to see if it is too sensitive ? sounds daft but problems can arise when you think that you have only clicked once but PC sees more than one

Cara2 15:00 11 Oct 2006

Tried system restore to no avail, before doing a clean install.

Ah, have altered setting on keyboard, but not mouse. Will try that thanks.

Cara

Sethhaniel 15:20 11 Oct 2006

test your keyboard also
it could have a key jammed down
or sticking when hit

Cara2 19:17 11 Oct 2006

Sethhaniel, researching another problem for my son - I inadvertently came across your suggestion made by someone else. (can't remember who made it - may have been you?) during my search of previous helpline threads.

I have now come back to my thread to report a fix and found this is your suggestion too! Problem now seems solved.

Thanks everyone.

Cara

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?